Robert MacIntyre What’s in the bag?
Robert MacIntyre was born on the 3rd of August in 1996 in the United Kingdom. He hails from Oban, a Scottish town. The 24-year-old Scotsman has only won one European Tour in 2020, which also happens to be his first major win out of his two professional wins. The tournament that he won was held at the Cyprus Showdown in Kouklia, Cyprus at the Aphrodite Hills Golf Club.
Macintyre uses True-Temper Dynamic Gold shafts for his wedges and irons in his golfing bag. A look at WITB on his Facebook page shows the composition of equipment in his bag and his preference for Mitsubishi Tensei AV shafts.
Keep on reading to take a look inside what the Scot has in his bag.
Robert MacIntyre: What’s in the Bag 2021?
The world number 42 by ranking is a rising star and has previously participated in amateur events in Scotland, winning 5 of those amateur championships between 2011 to 2016. The only two championships he has participated in professionally include the Sahara Kuwait Championship and Aphrodite Hills Cyprus Showdown.
Bob Macintyre has the following equipment in his bag:
- Driver: The driver the Scot has in his bag and what he uses for all his tee shots are TaylorMade SIM-UDI and TaylorMade SIM2-Max with Tensei AV Raw-White 75 TX Shaft.
- 3 Wood: Robert’s change of TaylorMade-SIM2 with Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 85-TX Shaft is a departure from the 3 wood TaylorMade AeroBurner-15° brand he used in 2020.
- 5 Wood: His 5 Wood is a TaylorMade SIM2 on a Mitsubishi-Tensei AV White 85 TX Shaft.
- Wedges: The TaylorMade Hi-Toe and Titleist Vokey SM8 model with Dynamic Gold Tour S400 Shafts.
- Irons: TaylorMade-P7MC with a True-Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Shaft.
- Putter: TaylorMade-Spider X Copper with CT-Tour Shaft.
- Golf Ball: TaylorMade TP5X.
The TP5X is his preferred golf ball and what he used in his first win in the Aphrodite Hills Cyprus Showdown. He can also be seen wearing Nike shoes and Peter Millar apparel.
What is MacIntyre’s Favourite Fairway Woods?
Robert Macintyre used the TaylorMade AeroBurner driver previously in previous years as seen in his bag when reflecting on Bob’s WITB for the year 2019.
What Putter Does Robert MacIntyre Use?
MacIntyre currently uses a TaylorMade Spider-X Copper with a CT-Tour shaft. His supply of TaylorMades is set to impact his game well. This left-handed player put on a promising display recently when he pulled a trick-shot from the 17th with just one hand, his right hand.
Why Pros Use True Temper Dynamic-Gold Shafts?
Many golf pros prefer to use Temper-Dynamic Gold shafts due to the variation in shaft bands and resilience of the brand. Very experienced pros can notice slight differences in the launch and spin aspects.
Some other reasons include the following:
- Accurate shaft weights
- A tremendous feel to it
- Launches balls far higher than other shafts
- Availability of many sub flexes and sharp flexes
- Increased ball spin
Macintyre, when comparing himself to Bryson Dechambeau, acknowledged that he still needs to learn from this dominant player and how he uses his driver to achieve top ball speeds.