Born on October 3, 1959, in Seattle, Washington, United States, Frederick Couples popularly known as Fred Couples is a professional American golfer. He currently plays on the PGA Tour and is a former world number 1 golfer. In his long career, Fred Couples has won 64 tournaments. Fred Couples’ bag has been instrumental in his success as a golfer. Thanks to his favourite golf ball, the Tour B RXS, and his favourite driver the Ping G425 LST.
He also won the US Masters Tournament in 1992. Fred Couples WITB has also helped him win the Charles Schwab Cup Championship and the Players Championship. His selection for the fairway wood has been hailed as the reason behind his success. With such a rich bag, Fred Couples is one of the most remarkable players on the course. Keep on reading to learn more about Fred Couples golf clubs and other equipment in his bag.
Fred Couples WITB for 2021
Fred is not a golfer who relies on sponsorship equipment as much. Although he has signed sponsorship deals before, the champ enjoys playing clubs of his choice. Whilst there are so many items in his bag for 2020, some are just test clubs and may not be used on the course.
Below are the key products in Fred Couples bag:
- Driver: He has used several drivers in his career. For the past two years, Couples chose to stay with the 9.5 degrees TaylorMade degrees M3 440. He uses the True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Shaft for the PGA Tour. His leaked email once revealed his favourite driver which he has been showing off on the Facebook app for a while now. Access to his Facebook app also reveals that the guy loves his TaylorMade.
- 3-Wood: Fred Couples has worked with several equipment manufacturers, leading to the use of different clubs. For 2020 he has decided to go with the 15 degrees Callaway FTI Squareway 3-Wood. The 3-wood is another tool he regularly shows off on Facebook and even appears in his leaked email with the logo down.
- Hybrid: Most golfers do not pay too much attention to the pros of a hybrid club when picking one. For Fred, the style and look of the hybrid are just as important. For this reason, he has chosen the accurate and reliable TaylorMade R11 19 degrees for the 2021 season.
- Irons: Among his gear, Fred Couples has chosen to bring along the Bridgestone J15 for the irons which he used at the Augusta National last year. For the irons, many Getty images already show how often he uses his Bridgestone with the Titleist Shaft.
- Putter and Ball: Like most golf players, Fred has a favourite putter. He told Johnny Wunder in one podcast that he loves the Bettinardi FC Proto, which he will be using in 2021. For the ball, he will be sticking to his Bridgestone Tour B RXS.
The Tour B RXS ball works well with his driver choice as witnessed in previous tournaments.
Fred Couples WITB: True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Shaft
Many players including legends such as Rory Mcilroy use True Temper shafts for their game. Anyone who has some knowledge of the game would assume that Couples will use the same shafts based on bis gear. On the contrary, he will not be using the Gold Tour Shafts. He instead has opted for TaylorMade with the best grip, Golf Pride CP2.
Benefits of the Henrik Stenson Callaway Legacy Black Iron
The Henrik Stenson Callaway Legacy Black Iron has become a trademark for winning irons in the game. Although Fred does not use the boom boom irons, they are used by many golf players.
The benefits of the Stenson include:
- It is lightweight as compared to other irons.
- The club works well with the Bridgestone Tour B RXS.
- The irons are more accurate thanks to the stable head shape.
Whilst the Stenson clubs are very good on their own, Fred has not used them in recent times. He once posted a photo of the irons on his Facebook, indicating that he may use them in the future.
Fred Couples Have a Favourite Putter
One of the standout products on Fred Couples WITB is his putter. Apart from Couples driver which he praises for his wins at the PGA and the Tour B ball that he carries everywhere, the other important item to him is the putter. The Bettinardi FC Proto which he will be using in 2021 is his best putter and has been instrumental in all his wins.
What Happened to Fred Couples Wife
Fred is currently not a husband having broken up from his two earlier wives. The golf man initially married Deborah Couples, whom he stayed with for 6 years from 1991. They split over something that the guy did but is still unknown to many. The Brad Millard fan left her marriage for good.
Later in 1998, Fred also remarried, this time around getting married to Thais Baker. The need for a more consolidated family allowed the player to be part of the marriage for several years. Something went wrong again and the golf player had to let go of his second wife. After her app at 1998 PGA Tour, she is said to have left an email asking to separate from Fred.
Has Fred Won any Major Tournament
Thanks to his many years of playing, Fred has had access to many golf tournaments. Such an opportunity has allowed the guy to win various major tournaments. He has won the PGA Tour several times. In 1992, he won the Masters Tournament and turned second in the 1990 PGA Championship.
With his favourite ball, he also had access to the U.S Open T3 in 1991 which he won. A bit of the information about his previous wins can be found on his Facebook page. He mostly credits his access to his ball and the access he had to divers equipment as a free agent.
Fred Couples Sponsorship Deals for 2021
There is more to Fred Couples golf gear than just sponsorship deals. Whilst it is a fact that he would be more than happy to have some sponsors, his app on golf tours does not depend on sponsors. He has been quoted saying that he would do anything with the PGA tour again, even if it means working with some different sponsors.
Enjoying our WITB series? Keep reading!
What’s in the Bag Brooks Koepka?
What’s in the Bag Patrick reed?
What’s in the Bag Tony Finau?
What’s in the Bag Daniel Berger?
What’s in the Bag Paul Casey?
What’s in the Bag Tyrrell Hatton?
What’s in the Bag Danny Willet?
What’s in the Bag Robert MacIntyre?
What’s in the Bag Lee Westwood?
What’s in the Bag Tom Lehman?
What’s in the Bag Chris DiMarco?
What’s in the Bag Vijay Singh?
What’s in the Bag John Daly?
What’s in the Bag Mike Weir?