Tony Finau what’s in the bag?
Milton Pouha Tony Finau is a professional golfer born on the 14th of September, 1989, in Salt Lake City Utah, United States. The American golfer currently plays in the PGA tour and has enjoyed success in the game. He won his first title at the Stonebrae Classic in the August 2014-2015 season.
The achievements of Tony have been largely influenced by the items in his bag. From the Ping G410 plus to the Ping Blueprint, the clubs in Tony Finau’s bag have been instrumental. Thanks to the Ping G425 LST Plus, Tony won his first title in the PGA Tour during the Puerto Rico Open. Whilst Tony has been changing his set for a while, there are those that he has remained loyal to.
Read on to learn more about Tony Finau and what is in his bag.
What is in a Tony Finau Bag?
In his 2021 bag, Tony has stuck with some items from the previous season but also managed to introduce a few new items based on endorsements.
Below is Finau’s golf equipment for 2021:
- Driver: His favorite driver is the Ping G425, which he uses with a Mitsubishi Diamana D Plus 70 TX Shaft.
- Fairway Woods: The Ping G400 3-Wood is his choice for 2021 with the Mitsubishi Diamana D Plus TX Shaft.
- Driving Iron: The 18 degrees Nike Vapour Fly Pro is Finau’s choice for the 2021 season. The iron is paired with Graphite Design Tour AD D1 Shaft.
- Irons: In the case of Irons, Finau’s bag is loaded with the Ping Blueprint, which is paired with the N.S Pro Modus3 Tour.
- Wedges: Tony had for the longest time been loyal to the wedges Ping Glide Forged 50 and 56 degrees, paired with the Nippon N.S Pro Modus 3 125 X Shaft.
- Putter and Ball: In the Finau WITB, the putter and ball have been very instrumental. He uses the Piretti Elite Proto with the Titleist Pro V1 for maximum ball speed.
The clubs that Tony uses have been shifting for a while. The items above are his choice for the 2021 season. In 2020, he used different products.
Tony’s WITB For 2020
The bag was loaded with some of the best items in 2020. His clubs were instrumental for the year, although there was not plenty of activity taking place.
The Ping G410 Plus 9.5 degrees was Tony’s choice for the year 2020. It was paired with the Diamana ZF 70 TX Shaft. Although he also features the Titleist TS3 in his bag.
In the 3 wood category, Finau enjoys using the Ping G400, which he used in 2020 and still uses in 2021. The 3 wood is paired with the Accra-Tour 4100 Shaft.
Like the 3 wood category above, Finau WITB irons choice has been constant for a while. He uses the Nike Vapor Fly Pro, which utilizes dragonfly technology. It is paired with the Graphite-Design-Tour AD DI Shaft.
The Nike Vapor Fly Pro used above can be used in this category too. However, Tony prefers the Blueprint paired with the Nippon Modus 3 TX Shaft. He recently swapped out a Ping iBlade.
The wedges Tony uses are the Ping Glide Forged 50 Stealth paired with the Titleist Vokey SM8; Titleist T100 and the Nippon Modus 3 120 TX Shaft.
Tony uses the Piretti Elite Proto Putter, which he has used for a while now.
What Iron Shafts Does Dustin Johnson Use?
Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas are among the golfers with the most controversial clubs. From the Titleist 915 FD to the DI Hybrid 105 X, these players use some of the best shafts.
True Temper X100 Shafts
Dustin Johnson’s WITB includes the True temper X100 Shafts and the Tour Spec Shafts. He also uses the Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 9.2 on the Titlies TS3.
Nippon N.S Pro Modus3 Shafts
The Nippon N.S Pro Modus 3 Shaft has become popular among many pro players. It works as the Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue with a mid-high launch and sufficient spin.
In a post on his Facebook, Tony Finau surprised fans by hitting the ball 383 yards. The Finau WITB has been instrumental in achieving his longest hit.
Who is the Longest Hitter on the PGA Tour?
Bryson DeChambeau was the longest hitter on the PGA in 2020. He utilized his favorite driver with the Graphite Design Tour AD DI shafts for his irons. His Facebook last year showed that the Graphite Design Tour AD DI was instrumental.
Is Tony Finau the Shortest Hitter on the Tour?
David Toms was the shortest hitter with an average of 270 yards in 2020.
How Far Does Rory McIlroy Hit a 7 Iron?
Rory McIlroy is one of the best players in the golf game. He capitalizes on the 3 wood and uses the Ping G400 3-wood to attain the best hit with the Accra Z Shaft on some occasions.
Who is Tony Finau’s Caddy?
For the longest time, Tony’s Caddy has been Gregory Bodine. In his recent games, Tony has been without his caddy, posting on Facebook that they had parted ways.
What’s in the Bag for Tony Finau’s Sponsorship Deals?
Finau WITB is influenced by endorsement deals to a large extent. A look at his bag shows that all items from the driver, irons, and woods are based on sponsorship deals.
Below are some of the sponsorship items in his bag:
- Driver: The Ping G425 LST is the main driver thanks to a deal with Ping in 2021. It works with Mitsubishi Diamana D Plus RF 70TX. He also has the Titleist TS3 for non-sponsorship purposes.
- Fairway Wood: Tony Finau’s 3 wood is the Ping G400 3(W) Loft for sponsorship purposes with the Lamkin UTX.
- Driving Iron: One of the sponsors Tony has partnered with is Nike. This forces him to use the Nike-Vapor Fly-Pro. They are paired with the Graphite-Design Tour Shaft.
- Irons: A look at his irons shows a strong relationship between Tony and Ping his sponsor. The Ping has its pros, such as the turf interaction and its look. The set utilizes the Nippon Modus 3 TX Shafts.
- Wedges: Tony has relied on the Wedges Ping Glide Forged 50 for the past two years based on sponsorship. It is paired with Mitsubishi, Titleist, or Nippon shafts. The wedge features Project X shafts popular with Justin Thomas.
- Putter and Ball: His putter Piretti Elite Proto set has its pros. He features it on his Facebook platform.
Based on his Facebook posts, Tony has a wide selection of items in his bag. Although he has to stick to some based on sponsorships, he has some of the best equipment on the course.
Enjoying our WITB series? Keep reading!
What’s in the Bag Brooks Koepka?
What’s in the Bag Patrick reed?
What’s in the Bag Daniel Berger?
What’s in the Bag Paul Casey?
What’s in the Bag Tyrrell Hatton?
What’s in the Bag Danny Willet?
What’s in the Bag Robert MacIntyre?
What’s in the Bag Lee Westwood?
What’s in the Bag Tom Lehman?
What’s in the Bag Chris DiMarco?
What’s in the Bag Vijay Singh?
What’s in the Bag John Daly?
What’s in the Bag Mike Weir?
What’s in the Bag Fred Couples?