Born on May 12th, 1970, in Sarnia Canada Richard Weir Michael is a professional Canadian golfer playing in the PGA Tour. He has enjoyed success as a pro golfer having spent 110 weeks as the world number 1 golfer between 2001 and 2005. The left-handed golfer is known for winning the Masters Tournament in 2003, becoming the only Canadian to have won a major. His loaded bag has always been instrumental to his success.
He has used several clubs over the years, being a golfer who is not afraid to change. From the Scotty Cameron, his favourite golf ball Titleist Pro V1, driver Ping G410 plus to the wedges Titleist Vokey Design, he’s used then all. The 2003 masters winner is not afraid to use any club as long as it offers the required swing speed. On the account of his diverse nature as a player, Mike Weir WITB is one of the most diverse among golf players. Keep on reading to learn more about his bag.
What is in the Bag for Mike Weir 2020
Mike is a player who is not afraid of trying new ideas as long as they will help improve his golf game. His choice for drivers and fairway wood has been changing although he also has favourites. For the 2020 season, Mike opted for somewhat unconventional items in the bag. He has long discarded the masters winning equipment based on a leaked email address.
Below are all the important tools in Weir WITB:
- Drivers: For a very long time, Mike has been using the Taylormade drivers. His choices being the TaylorMade M4 and 5 the True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Shafts. For the 2020 and 2021 seasons, the golf player has decided to go with the Ping G410-plus with the Fujikura 757 graphite shaft. Although the shaft is not very different from the True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue, the driver choice is new to Mike.
- Fairway Woods: Like with the driver, Michael has many fairway woods which he has been using over the years. In 2020, he chose to use the TaylorMade SIM Ti alongside his Mitsubishi Tensei Graphite Design Tour CK Pro shafts. The shaft works perfectly on TaylorMade Milled Grind Raw, which he has used before. His 3 and 5 woods choice over the years has been TaylorMade and chances are we will see more of the same.
- Hybrid: Videos showing his equipment last year revealed that Weir uses the TaylorMade M6 as his choice for the hybrid. He also pairs his hybrid with the Fujikura pro 6.5 Shafts.
- Irons: His choice for irons has not changed as much in the past few years. Coming to 2020, he decided to change his choice for the iron. He currently uses TaylorMade P750 having shifted from the P790. Although produced by the same company, they are very different. He pairs irons with different shafts including Project X and Mitsubishi Tense CK Pro White. For 2020 he used the Nippon N.S Pro Modus3.
- Wedges: Similar to fairway woods, Michael chose to go a different way from the previous year with his wedges. He currently uses the Titleist Vokey Design SM 7 Wedges with the True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Shaft. This was instrumental in winning the masters during the 2003 Golf Masters Championship.
- Putter and Ball WITB: His choice for the putter has been the Odyssey O-Work for every long time in his golf career. In his 2020 campaign, he shifted to the Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter, since it works well with his golf ball Titleist Pro V1 X. He has previously used other golf balls with the most common being the Bridgestone R KBS Tour golf ball.
With all the products above, Mike Weir WITB keeps evolving and changes faster than that of Dustin Johnson and other golf experts. For Mike Weir, the Titleist ball and Scotty Cameron putter are necessities in the bag.
How Many Wedges Titleist Vokey Design Does Mike Carry?
Mike Weir carries several wedges but his favourite is the Titleist Vokey. He uses it with Fujikura or Mitsubishi Tensei shafts. The wedge helped him win the Masters in 2003 when paired with Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro white headcover. As a result, it has been adopted by many members of his golf club as indicated on his Twitter.
Does Weir WITB Include the Dynamic Gold Tour Shafts?
When he uses the Titleist, he always has the True Temper Dynamic shaft in the bag. He also likes it when playing with his ball Titleist Pro V1X. They have been instrumental in making his TaylorMade driver M4 and M5 as well as his TaylorMade 5-Wood and 3-wood work. Based on his account, his bag must have a TaylorMade driver, Mitsubishi Tags and shaft, and a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Putter.
What Happened to Bricia Weir?
Former wife to Mike Weir has struggled with a wrist injury costing her golf career. She has not been able to win a major tournament in the past 3 years on the account of the wrist. It is not possible for her to swing irons effectively, leading to an end to her golf career.
Mike’s Wife and Children
Mike Weir was married to Bricia Weir with whom they broke up in 2015. They have two daughters who remained with their father after the divorce. The green jacket golfer has been in search of another wife since then without much success. The family members have not been together since the masters.
Mike Weir WITB Sponsorship Deals 2021
Mike weir has several times posted on Twitter referring to his golf bag but he rarely mentions sponsors. He had several sponsorship deals when he won the masters but has since been a free agent. In the bag, he carries the best wedges Titleist Vokey, his favourite irons the Taylormade, and his favourite driver base on the account of his preferences.
The other items he has chosen without being influenced by sponsors are his Titleist Pro V1 shoes and Pro V1X ball. All his irons, putter, and shaft options are based on personal preferences.
Enjoying our WITB series? Keep reading!
What’s in the Bag Brooks Koepka?
What’s in the Bag Patrick reed?
What’s in the Bag Tony Finau?
What’s in the Bag Daniel Berger?
What’s in the Bag Paul Casey?
What’s in the Bag Tyrrell Hatton?
What’s in the Bag Danny Willet?
What’s in the Bag Robert MacIntyre?
What’s in the Bag Lee Westwood?
What’s in the Bag Tom Lehman?
What’s in the Bag Chris DiMarco?
What’s in the Bag Vijay Singh?